Tuesday 10 May 2011

A lonesome cabin

This idea stemmed from a few sources and ideas. Firstly, I've had this plot idea for a book in my head for a few weeks and this scene sort of reflects a scene relevant to the story. Secondly, I seen a brilliant piece that is very similar on Dribble. (I've looked for it since and can't find it, but if I do I'll post a link here.) Thirdly, I decided to make the style slightly more quirky and less formal than usual. Bizzarly, I was flicking through the TV channels last week and came across Johnny Bravo (I loved that show!) and noticed the whacky backgrounds in certain scenes; straight jagged edges and 'wonky' buildings and trees.

Rolled into one big mega inspirational ball, this design developed...

I wanted to keep the colour palette simple and minimal. I experimented with different blues, greens and yellows but finally settled on a monochrome selection. A small window was added to give that spot of variety. Design done.

But, as usual, I had one final tinker with it and, out of curiosity, changed some of the harsh straight lines to curvier ones (below). The outcome was surprisingly good and served as a worthy alternative to the original...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome...